The building on the right is owned by the Franciscans. Inside they have a great little gift shop, located inside the busiest entrance to the old city of Jerusalem, the Jaffa Gate. The shop is operated by the Franciscans offering guide books, maps and other souvenirs.
The building on the left is the storied New Imperial Hotel, built in 1894. Many important people stayed here back in the day, including Kaiser Wilhelm II in 1898. The old ballroom is famous as well as the views from amid the carved Grecian urns on the rooftop terrace. Today it is owned by the Greek Orthodox Church and is greatly in need of an overhaul.